10 Reasons Why You Need to Filter Your Water
Whether for home or for business, the benefits to installing water filter systems are numerous and free-flowing (pun intended). Not only will you see benefits to your health, your taste buds and peace of mind, but there are many aspects of money-saving that more than justify the initial investment. It’s not a secret that our drinking water is contributing to our health:
“Tainted Tap Water Sickens 1.1 Million Each Year. Drinking water that’s tainted as it travels through pipes to people’s homes could be responsible for as many as 1.1 million cases of acute stomach illness each year. That’s a level of illness that’s 559 times higher than what the EPA considers acceptable for public drinking water supplies.” – Webmd.com
- Clean Water is essential to humans. Water affects every aspect of our daily life, whether we are using the water for drinking, bathing, cooking, rinsing foods, washing, doing laundry or even brushing our teeth, we need clean water to safely accomplish these tasks. Our tap water travels through pipelines before it reaches your home, and it picks up a lot of contaminants along the way including bacteria, chlorine, fluorine compounds, lead, mercury, pesticides and waste particles. Although the water will be disinfected and fortified along the process, you still can’t be guaranteed that it will be 100% safe.
- Filtered Water removes chlorine. Why chlorine is acceptable in swimming pools, no one wants to drink or wash daily with it. Why? “When chlorine enters the body as a result of breathing, swallowing, or skin contact, it reacts with water to produce acids. The acids are corrosive and damage cells in the body on contact.” (NY Department of Health) Our Kinetico water systems remove chlorine, eliminating the taste, smell and drying effects caused by chlorine.
- Money Saving on Bottled Water. Bye-bye bottled water! Do away with the inconvenience, expense and waste of bottled water. Have unlimited bottled quality water right from your tap with our drinking water solutions. Our Nelson reverse-osmosis is the same process used by most major bottled water suppliers. With a Nielsen Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System, you have the same highest-quality water available from your own faucet for a fraction of the cost of bottled water.
- Reduce your Carbon Footprint. The energy costs of delivery and production combined with the indefinite amount of plastic used for the water containers or bottles taxes our environment, fills our landsfills, and contributes to greenhouse gas emissions. “With the US consumption of bottled water exceeding 33 billion liters a year, and with intensifying efforts to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, these data should help identify ways to reduce the energy costs of bottled water and may help consumers themselves make more environmentally sustainable choices.” Researchers Peter Gleick and Heather Cooley from the Pacific Institute in Oakland, California. Air quality is also improved as vaporized chlorine can be harmful, increasing respiratory illnesses and other diseases.
- Extend the Life of your Appliances & Home’s Plumbing System. By eliminating lime scale buildup, water using appliances (dishwashers, washers, hot water heaters) and pipes in your home can easily outlive their warranties. Hard minerals as a result create a buildup in your appliances causing them to clog and work less efficiently. Also, it leaves spots on bathtubs, sinks and dishes. Removing these minerals from water in your home will extend the lifespan of your ice maker, dishwasher, washing machine, water heater and faucets in the home you hope to preserve for generations.]
- Possible reduction in cancer risks. Since chlorine and, by extension, other chlorine byproducts are already removed, you and your family will be protected from different types of cancer such as breast cancer, bladder cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, and more.
- Increase Gastrointestinal Health. You have greater protection against gastrointestinal diseases since drinking water filters eliminate cryptosporidium and giardia from your drinking water. Some diseases like amoebiasis can be prevented and thus maintain the quality of life. Our digestive systems require ample amounts of clean water to successfully flush out waste, reduce constipation and prevent indigestion, bloating, cramping and other digestive systems. Our Bio-pure medical-grade filter removes 99.99% of viruses and 99.99999% of bacteria for the safest water.
- Reduction in energy and maintenance costs. Kinetico whole house systems (installed by Karsare) are non-electric, so there are no electric parts to fail. And their twin tank design means they never go offline, ensures a 24/7 supply of soft water without disruption. When one tank is exhausted, the other tank automatically switches their service. Metered regeneration measures the amount of water used throughout your home for optimum efficiency and reduced operating costs.
- Tastier & Healthier Food. As you use clean water in washing and cooking your food, its natural taste is preserved, as contaminants, minerals and other bacteria may change the taste of your food. Note that boiling water does not eliminate all harmful compounds. Kinetico systems provides clean, clear and great tasting drinking water right from the tap by removing nearly all impurities.
- Improved health and reduction in stress. If your water tastes better, it’s much easier to drink the recommended eight glasses of water per day. If you are engaged in rigorous physical activities, live in extreme weather conditions (hot, dry or extremely cold), are breastfeeding, avid coffee drinkers, or regularly partake of alcohol or smoking tobacco products you need more like 10 glasses of water. Drinking more water reduces migraines, body aches, and stress. Water reduces stress. Studies have shown that dehydration leads to higher cortisol levels—the stress hormone—making it harder to deal with everyday issues. By staying hydrated you will be better equipped to deal everyday problems.
Interested in a whole house water system by Karsare but need more information? We have a variety of systems for your specific water needs, budget and location. Request a FREE QUOTE.