WHAT IS HARD WATER?
As water travels to your home, it comes into contact with minerals such as calcium and magnesium. As the water passes over these minerals they will begin to dissolve into the water. The more minerals dissolve and are held by the water, the water’s hardness will increase.
Some symptoms of hard water could include the following:
- Stiff, dingy laundry
- Mineral deposits on dishes and glassware
- High soap usage & need for fabric softeners
- Extra work to remove soap scum on bathtubs & shower stalls
- Scale build-up in sinks, tubs, faucets & appliances
- Build-up of mineral deposits in pipes and water heaters
Watch the following video to learn how hard water can be affecting your home and your family, and how a Kinetico Water System can improve the quality of your life:
Water is the lifeline of your home, it works day in and day out. But is it work for you? If you had hard water, it simply means it contains dissolved minerals, primarily calcium and magnesium, as well as limestone and iron. Hard water can be found in private wells and municipal supplies. While its not considered unhealthy, it can cause a slew of problems around your house, especially with your plumbing, your water-related appliances and fixtures. In many cases, hard water is more than a nuisance, it can cause scale to form in your water-using appliances and on fixtures, affecting their performance, efficiency, appearance and lifespan. It’s difficult to hide the tell-tale signs of hard water around your home too. These problems can be damaging, unsightly and expensive to repair or replace, and frustrating.
Instead of working against you, clean, soft water works for you, keeping your house cleaner for longer. It helps your water-related appliances work better and last longer too. Soft water is better for your hair and skin, and even saves you money in the long run. But don’t just settle for any water system, unlike conventional water softeners, a non-electric, multi-tank Kinetico water system automatically provides a round-the-clock soft water. When hard minerals are removed from water throuh a process called a Ion Exchange, the result is soft water. It’s that simple. A Kinetico water system can offer you clean, soft water in a more economical, reliable and sustainable way. With Kinetico, you’ll improve more than your water, you’ll improve the quality your life. Life is better with Kinetico. Schedule your free water test today.
“Detergent use can be reduced by 50% with soft water.”– Softened Water Benefits Study, Water Quality Research Foundation
HOW DOES A WATER SOFTENER WORK?
As hard water comes into your home, it usually will go directly to your faucet or to your hot water tank then to your faucets, with the dissolved minerals. A water softener removes these dissolved minerals through a process called “ion exchange”.
In this process, water passes through a bed of resin replacing the “hard” calcium and magnesium ions with sodium ions, that do not have the damaging effects. The calcium and magnesium ions are then stuck in the resin bed. Once the resin bed is filled up with the “hard” ions, it is then regenerated (cleaned) sodium chloride (salt); to start the process over.
WHY KINETICO’S WATER SOFTENERS?
- Kinetico’s systems are always ready with a multi-tank approach that allows 24/7 soft water. One tank recharges while one is online for producing soft water.
- Kinetico’s non-electric systems are driven by the power of the moving water, increasing the quality of your water without increasing carbon footprint.
- Kinetico’s Water softener systems are easy to use. If you require more soft water, your system will make more, if you do not need as much, the tank will be on standby.
- Kinetico’s systems are professionally installed by a water specialist and will work with you to make sure your system is a perfect fit for your home and family’s needs.
- Kinetico offers a variety of water softeners that work with both city and well water supplies to provide a solution for most homes.
GET A FREE WATER ANALYSIS with KarSare Water Systems
Take the next step in eliminating bottled water or untreated tap water from your life. You can contact KarSare Water Systems to schedule a free water test. On of our water professionals will help you determine what is best for your home’s needs, whether that is a K5 Drinking Water Station®, one of our industry leading water softeners or a combination of products. No matter the decision you make, be aware of your home’s or business’ water situation and protect your health.